Outside of the 2011 World Series of Poker, Brian Rast was the top money winner last year. Not only did he win the $50,000 Poker Player's Championship, he also shipped a bracelet in a $1,500 Pot-Limit Hold'em event.
Most Money Won By an Individual at the 2011 WSOP (Excluding Main Event)
|10||Bertrand “ElkY” Grosspellier||$811,639|
Points of Interest:
- Tom Dwan played in 54 of 58 bracelets events he was eligible for (no Seniors, Casino Employees or Ladies event).
- Not only did Kirill Rabtsov earn the most cashes at the 2011 WSOP, he had one of the highest cash percentage rates among players in 2011 at 30.43%.
- Even before the 2011 WSOP Main Event, Ben Lamb had already amassed $1.3 million in tournament earnings. His third place finish in the Main earned him an additional $4,021,138 for a total of $5,352,970.
- Pius Heinz, by virtue of his Main Event win plus his one other WSOP cash, won $8,798,924 at the 2011 WSOP, the most of any individual.
- Only Phil Hellmuth and Chris Moorman on the Top 10 money earners list did not win a WSOP gold bracelet—but both had runner-up finishes.